Job Function: Maintain all plant equipment through repair, manufacture, or replacement of parts. Fabricate, construct and assemble mechanical parts, tools, devices or aids as per instructions, sketches, or blueprints.
Equipment: All general and special purpose machine and hand tools, various calipers and measuring devices, welding and brazing equipment, piping and threading equipment.
Hand Tools: Standard and special purpose machine shop tools – operator furnishes conventional tools.
Supplies: Various metal stock, miscellaneous hardware, lubricants, welding and brazing supplies.
1. Operator can set up, calibrate, and operate to design tolerances all conventional or general, machine shop machines, hand tools, or measuring devices.
2. Operator will be familiar with, or able to individually learn to operate, special purpose or new machine shop machines, hand tools, or measuring devices.
3. Operator will be able to read, interpret, improvise, design, or modify all forms of drawings, blueprints, or sketches.
4. Operator will fabricate, machine, repair, construct, or assemble mechanical parts or aids as per drawings or instructions.
5. Operator will fabricate or produce existing or prototype devices to tolerances specified or as facility machines or tooling is capable.
6. Operator will operate, maintain, repair, troubleshoot, and install all types of new or existing machines or tooling.
7. Operator should understand basic mechanical/electrical function relationships.
8. Operator must be able to perform skilled welding, brazing, or soldering operations to tolerance.
Operator must be able to read and interpret all forms of blueprints, drawings, or sketches and be able to fabricate parts or devices to the tolerances to which plant equipment, new or existing, is capable or drawings require.
Elmet Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer